Due to increased demand, we are currently out of stock (again) with our next shipment due to arrive early April 2019. Feel free to call or email us with any enquiries or to place a pre-order. Apologies and happy fencing! 🙂
Key Benefits of the Serca Fence Strainer are:
- Simpler to use, with the chain permanently connected to the straining mechanism reducing the connections required during the straining process from 3 to 1.
- Quicker straining process, with an estimated time saving of over 50% of the time taken to strain a fence
- Safer – The Serca Wire Strainer uses gears to create a mechanical advantage, reducing the forces required to be exerted by the user when straining a fence by approximately 50%, and mitigating the need to use a lever that has the ability to spring back and injure the user.
- Lighter fabrication (approx. 50%), smaller unit with greater versatility, which is able to be stored in the glove compartment in a vehicle, in a tool box on a motorbike or in an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV).
- More mobile/smaller unit, reducing the size of components to the required size (i.e. rather than using a 2T chain for straining when the wire’s tensile strength is a fraction of this capacity.
- Versatile – The Serca Wire Strainer is able to be quickly and easily modified and used as a tie-down chain, or a light duty winch.
- In-built tension meter, allowing the user to strain fences to the correct tension easily and consistently, without the hassle of carrying around an additional tool.